Friday 31 October 2014

13 Days of Halloween- Altered Item

Feeling a bit sad that this is my last post for The 13 Days of Halloween but I have to say it has been an absolute blast meeting the challenges every few days over at http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com.au/.
Betty and Corinne have kept all of us on our toes and while it is disappointing there were not more fans competing with each contest I hope all of the 'princesses' gave some inspiration to Betty's fans.
I have certainly enjoyed seeing everyone's different take on each challenge!
For my last piece I have made an altered canvas. I started by using impasto paste and a stencil to create a textured tree background that tied in with the image. I painted it with brown acrylic paint and then rubbed Emerald Treasured Gold over the trees. Old book paper was placed behind the image ...appropriate backing for Poe! I coloured the image in with Copic markers and then went to town adding chiboard, bling, some of my favourite creepy hands, a spider and some Prima Halloween sprigs. The words were from a Carta Bella chipboard sheet.
I hope you have enjoyed stopping by and perhaps some of you will stop by at Betty's blog and enter this last contest and win yourself a Halloween prize!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous canvas!!!! Love the texture on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! So appropriate for Poe!! Love it

    ReplyDelete