Saturday 31 August 2013

Through The Purple Haze Challenge- Funky Card

This week's challenge has been to create along a funky theme. I used my Copics to colour a Kenny K image from Whimsy Stamps. I bought these a short time back with my teens in mind and was glad to get around to using them.
 Colours used: Skin: E00, E31, E34 Cheeks E11, E93 lips E04, R37. Top and Shoes:E04, R37, R59, Y35 Socks and White highlights: C1, C3, C5 Jeans: B14, B16, B18 Hair: E33, E35, E37

The paper used for this card was from Simply Stories. I used both sides of two different sheets of paper. One sheet included the saying across the bottom of the card. All edges of the paper were inked using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
The flourishes were cut  up into pieces to fit the card. This is something I often do with flourishes and other pieces of bling.
Going through my chipboard stash, I came across the circular frame and the numbers for this card (the number 16 so that I can use this card for my daughter's birthday next week!) I used the Distress Embossing Pad to stamp on the chipboard after I had edged the pieces with a black sharpie.
The embossing powder I used was called Black Tinsel by Stamp It. It has multi coloured fine glitter in with the black powder.
I had fun making this card and hope Ash likes it when she sees it on her big birthday!
Check out all of the other funky entries over at Throughthepurplehazechallenges.








 
 
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie! Great card for a teenager! I love the way you colored your cute image---the hair is amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card Jackie, love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges

    Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can i say another super card.

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card Jackie its gorgeous, great colouring and love the pearls as well. Thank you for playing with Through the Purple Haze Challenges
    Anita DT

    ReplyDelete